Meta Capability is shortlisted in the HR Excellence Awards 2019 for “Most innovative deployment of HR technology”
The Learning and Development technology that Meta Capability integrated into JPI Media’s learning management system from Learning Pool (Totara) has been short-listed for “Most innovative deployment of HR technology” at the HR Excellence Awards in July.
It was rolled out across the Media Sales Centre and Field Sales team over 400 sale people and managers during 2018. The impact was immense:
- Throughout 2018 revenue per head in telesales increased by 12% and in field sales by 8%
- Average order value increased by 24% in telesales and 13% in field sales
- In 2018 the Advertising revenue trajectory went up by 4% in an extremely challenging market
- Attrition declined by 23% in telesales and early attrition (in the first year)by 40%. Average revenue of new joiners increased from £79,787 to £164,928 within the first 6 months
- Learning and development is owned and driven by the commercial team
- They have a continuous performance management and coaching culture in Sales
- Their salespeople self-develop using Go2 LMS and Development Insights (their Sales Excellence methodology from Meta Capability)
- The methodology has been so successful that they are now implementing the Editorial Excellence approach as a key foundation of transformation of their Newsrooms.
“The transformation in the capability and performance of the commercial team has been profound. The technology we introduced from Meta Capability and Learning Pool moved us from manual subjective paper based assessments with only face-to-face training as the solution, to objective analysis of capability via any smart device linking to bite-sized learning/videos specifically targeted at development needs.
There is total ownership by the Commercial Leaders rather than L&D having to push initiatives, and we are well on the way to establishing a continuous performance management and coaching culture.
The transformation of our commercial capability is evidenced through an average of 10% improvement in revenue per head across desk and field sales, created by L&D through this technological solution”.
Ian Johnston – Group HR Director